Wednesday, November 30, 2016

#Distracted

Proverbs 4:25
"Look straight ahead, and fix your eyes on what lies before you."

Something that prevents someone from giving full attention to something else is a distraction.

Life is full of distractions...tv, reality tv, social media, friends, relationships... sometimes a distraction can be a good thing and sometimes distractions can be negatively impacting on you. Or you could be using your distractions as scapegoats to keep your mind off what it needs to be on. The other day I was working on a project and I kept doing other things...not other things of significance but just anything besides what I was supposed to be doing and I realized sometimes I love the distractions. People always say 'I work best under pressure' and while that may be true for some - that is not true for me. I usually procrastinate because I am either doing something I just don't want to do AT ALL or because I am afraid of how much REAL work I will have to do (not just that social media work where you only post workout pictures after you had surgery or after you intended to work out but the clothes were comfy instead but that work where there are REAL results).


Are you distracted? Are you distracting yourself? You know there is something you need to be doing but you keep doing the complete opposite? I know...we feed off of our distractions...we feed off the noise...sometimes the noise is better than the silence because the silence makes us face our fears and our problems. You ever met somebody that can't sit alone, that's a person who cannot find their own peace. The silence in the room makes us face what we are trying to avoid, the noise we use to fill up the voids we are searching for. It is time out for all the distractions...that business plan you have been working on...that food truck you have been thinking about...let go of the distractions in your life and begin to focus on you and your future and your success. You cannot dream about success or tweet success until it comes you have to work hard for it! We are not always chosen because we are good, we are chosen because we do our best. Whenever you begin to do less than your best it is reflected in who you are and what you do even what you say and how you say it. If you learn to put the distractions down right now while they are just mere distractions imagine how far you could go. Don't let a distraction turn into a habit that can't and will not benefit you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disqus Shortname

Comments system