Monday, October 10, 2016

Jeopardy!!!

"Pride and confidence in oneself; a feeling that one is behaving with honor and dignity."  

What is self-respect for a 1,000,000?

 Do you know how important it is to have pride in yourself? I know, seems like a silly thing to not have. Like, who doesn't have self-respect? When I was a young girl my mother used to always say "if you don't believe in yourself, who will?' I never knew how important that was "to believe in myself" until I continued to be in situations where all I had was my faith in God and the confidence in myself. My mother probably did not know that she was preparing me to help reach other young women in the importance of self-respect. Actually, she probably did know. I mean the world is hard and cold and if you don't have that confidence in yourself - you will not make it. That sounds harsh but, in reality, it is the only truth. People who love you will hurt you, so imagine people who do not know you. Sometimes people hurt you and then they move on with their day. They have not even realized that they have ruined your day but it has shifted the paradigm of your day. Your normal focus has been altered by a person who does not even know that your thought process has shifted. Not only do they not know your thought process has shifted, they don't even care. The power is yours, BUT so many of us give OUR power to others without even knowing. Self-respect is what kicks in when people doubt you, self-respect is what kicks in when you doubt yourself.

"Lack of confidence in one's self and ones abilities?"
What is self-doubt for 1,000,000?
  
It is hard to flush out the idea that you have been treating yourself just as bad as the people who you don't want to treat you bad. Why are you treating yourself badly? Think about it. What is it that you are seeing about yourself that is causing you to harm yourself? When I was treating myself "bad" I was not aware. I was in a situation where I thought I was treating myself right. I was working my body out, but not my mind. I was so fixated on the physical that I had forgotten about my mental growth. I forgot what my mother told me about believing in myself. I can be honest. It is hard to believe in yourself when every time you think you are about to catch a break you actually break your arm.

 Self-doubt happens when you grow up, when you get your first job, when you fail a test, when you get your heart broke, after graduation. Self-doubt happens. It is a part of growing up. When you feel like everybody in the world has counted you out, count yourself in.  Easier said than done? Not really. This is what affirmations are for. Speak some magic into your life. Yes, take some power and speak it into your life. I know it's lame and not that exciting. But it is much better than walking around speaking negativity into your life. If you say I can’t all day by the end of the day you really just won’t be able to. Words have power. Speak power into your life instead of inefficiencies.

I believe in you. I see the confidence in you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disqus Shortname

Comments system